Thinking About Lip Augmentation?
This page contains all the information you need to make an informed decision to start your lip augmentation journey. Conveniently located in Jacksonville, Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery, led by double board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Phillip Garcia, offers lip augmentation to residents of Ponte Vedra Beach, Orange Park, Lakeside and nearby areas in North Florida.
Already scheduled a lip augmentation consultation?
Click here for pre appointment guidance.
Scheduled lip augmentation surgery?
Click here for pre-surgery instructions.
Already had surgery?
Click here for post procedure instructions.
What is Lip Augmentation?
Lip augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that aims to enhance the size and shape of the lips to achieve a fuller and more aesthetically pleasing appearance. It is also performed to smooth out the skin around the lips, eliminating lines and wrinkles. At Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery, we offer lip augmentation using a variety of treatment techniques, including lip implants, lip injections and laser rejuvenation.
This patient received Lip Advancement.
What are the Types of Lip Augmentation?
Lip augmentation can be performed with a number of different techniques depending on your treatment goals. Garcia
Facial Plastic Surgery offers the following lip augmentation techniques:
Lip implants are small, soft silicone implants that are surgically inserted into the lips to increase their size and shape. We use Permalip™ implants, which are tapered at each end to match the natural shape of the lips. Additionally, they cannot leak or rupture, making them a great option for permanent lip augmentation. This is the preferred lip augmentation method for patients who want longer-lasting results than other augmentation techniques can provide.
Lip injections, or lip fillers, are the most common method used for lip augmentation. This involves the injection of dermal fillers into the lips. Dermal fillers are typically made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body, which adds volume and definition to the lips upon injection. The results are immediate, and the effects of dermal fillers can last for several months. Certain types of fillers or lasers can be used to smooth the skin around the mouth including “smoker’s lines”.
Lip Advancement techniques may be ideal for patients who develop an allergic reaction to the substances used in other lip augmentation techniques. This is a laser skin resurfacing treatment that tightens the skin while stimulating collagen production in deeper layers of the skin tissue. Over the following months, often requiring multiple treatments, patients will notice a reduction in lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
Real Patient Journeys
What Can Lip Augmentation Accomplish?
Lip augmentation can provide a number of benefits, including:
- A rejuvenated appearance
- Diminished fine lines and wrinkles around the lips
- Enhanced lip volume
- Improved lip shape
- Improved facial symmetry
- Boosted self-confidence
Is Lip Augmentation Right for Me?
You may be a good candidate for lip augmentation if you are an adult in overall good health and exhibit one or more of the following::
- Thin, flat lips
- Poorly defined lip line
- Lips that appear dehydrated
- Downturned lips that make you look as though you are frowning
- Fine vertical lines along the upper lip
- Smoker’s lines
Why Choose Dr. Garcia?
Dr. Garcia has focused expertise in performing surgery on the aging face. As an educator, he has published numerous papers and has presented several research topics at international events. As a doctor, he is a frontrunner in the advancement of facial plastic surgery in Jacksonville.
Dr. Garcia’s certifications with the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology, as well as his advances in the field of facial plastic surgery have contributed to him being North Florida’s premier facial plastic surgeon since 2001. Read a selection of patient reviews for Dr. Phillip Garcia.
Frequently Asked Lip Augmentation Questions
How much does lip augmentation cost In Jacksonville?
The average cost of lip augmentation varies from one community to the other with some small variations. Factors such as the facility where the lip augmentation will be performed and the type of anesthesia used will influence the final cost of the surgery. Jacksonville lip augmentation surgery varies in price range according to these factors. Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery makes facial surgery procedures available and affordable for everyone. Our office provides a wide array of payment options, including easy financing. We also accept cash, major credit cards and personal checks for lip augmentation and other procedures.
Is lip augmentation permanent?
The duration of your lip augmentation results will depend on the type of lip augmentation performed. Lip implants are a permanent lip augmentation treatment. However, they can be removed if you decide you no longer want them. Lip fillers can last up to a year, depending on the injectable product used. After this time, you will have to receive additional treatments to prolong your results. Laser resurfacing for lip rejuvenation
Can lip augmentation be combined with other cosmetic procedures?
Yes, lip augmentation can be combined with other cosmetic procedures to achieve a more comprehensive facial rejuvenation or aesthetic enhancement. Some common cosmetic procedures that can be combined with lip augmentation include:
- Injectables – Lip augmentation with dermal fillers can be combined with other facial filler or injectable treatments. This can help restore volume to many areas of the face at once, rejuvenating the whole appearance. This also includes the use of neuromodulator injectables like Botox®, which can help reduce lines and wrinkles in the face to produce a younger appearance.
- Skin Resurfacing – Procedures such as laser skin resurfacing or chemical peels can be combined with lip augmentation to improve the texture, tone, and quality of the skin around the lips. This can help achieve a more complete facial rejuvenation and enhance the overall results of the lip augmentation procedure.
- Rhinoplasty – Rhinoplasty, or cosmetic nose surgery, can be combined with lip augmentation to achieve a better facial balance. By enhancing the lips and reshaping the nose, the overall proportion and harmony of the face can be improved, creating a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
What is recovery from lip augmentation like?
The recovery process from lip augmentation can vary depending on the specific type of procedure performed, whether it’s surgical or non-surgical, and the individual’s response to the treatment.
- Non-Surgical Lip Augmentation (Dermal Fillers & Laser Rejuvenation)
- Swelling, bruising and irritation are all common side effects after lip augmentation with non-surgical methods. These symptoms will typically resolve within a few days of treatment. Most individuals can resume their normal activities immediately after treatment, although avoiding strenuous exercise or activities that may increase blood flow to the face for the first 24 to 48 hours is recommended.
- Surgical Lip Augmentation (Lip Implants)
- Swelling and bruising are common after surgical lip augmentation with implants and can last for several days to weeks. Some pain and discomfort are expected after surgery, but they can be managed with prescribed pain medications. Patients will need to rest and avoid strenuous activities, such as vigorous exercise, for the first week or two after surgery.
- Non-Surgical Lip Augmentation (Dermal Fillers & Laser Rejuvenation)