The visible signs of aging can make many of us uncomfortable with our appearance, and more and more people are choosing to improve their appearance with plastic surgery. With several convenient locations serving Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Julington Creek, Fleming Island, Palm Coast, and Riverside Ortega, Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery, led by double board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Phillip Garcia, offers plastic surgery procedures for men and women who live in and around North Florida.
What Is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery refers to cosmetic surgical procedures that are designed to improve and rejuvenate your appearance, thus increasing self-esteem. It is important that plastic surgery patients maintain realistic expectations as to what these procedures can and cannot accomplish; however, you may be pleasantly surprised to find that a combination of procedures may address most, if not all, of your aesthetic concerns.
Why Choose Plastic Surgery?
The decision to undergo plastic surgery is a highly personal one, and everyone’s reasons for seeking plastic surgery are individual. Our team of experts will help you weigh the pros and cons before you make a final decision. Some reasons for seeking plastic surgery include:
- To firm and reshape problem areas that have not responded to diet and exercise.
- To improve and rejuvenate your appearance.
- To repair damage to your appearance following an accident, injury or illness.
Types of Plastic Surgery
At Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery, double board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. J. Phillip Garcia, offers the following types of plastic surgery:
- Mini Facelift
- Neck Lift
- Brow Lift
- Cheek Implants
- Chin Implant
- Facial Liposuction
- Lip Augmentation
What Is the Difference Between Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is performed for the purpose of reshaping normal, healthy tissue to enhance your self-esteem and appearance. Because the procedures performed are considered elective, health insurance companies do not usually cover the costs of these treatments.
Reconstructive surgery is performed to correct or repair areas that are disfigured or marred due to congenital or developmental defects, diseases, infections, trauma or tumors. Reconstructive procedures are generally meant to improve the function of these areas, but they may also be performed to improve appearance. Many health insurance providers do cover reconstructive surgery, but the extent of coverage may vary greatly between policies.
How Should I Prepare for Plastic Surgery?
The following recommendations will help you to remain healthy before, during and after your procedure:
- Maintain proper nutrition by eating well during the weeks leading up to your surgery. Avoid drinking alcohol excessively, crash dieting and overeating, all of which can significantly impact your overall health and well-being. Maintaining a balanced, healthy diet is crucial to total wellness. Dr. Garcia may also recommend nutritional supplements.
- Maintain a regular exercise routine, but do not engage in high-impact sports or take up a new rigorous exercise routine as you prepare for surgery. We recommend walking for one mile or more daily, as well as stretching and doing low-weight strength training, as these can help to improve your strength in the weeks following surgery.
- Do your best to maintain a healthy lifestyle as you prepare for your surgery. Such minor problems as a virus, cold or other illness could require that your surgery is rescheduled. Be sure to take care of any illness immediately and inform Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery if you experience any changes in your overall condition or come down with something.
- We strongly urge all our patients to refrain from smoking because smoking may significantly impair your natural ability to heal. It is important that you do not smoke or use a nicotine patch or similar products in the four weeks leading up to your During this time, we also advise that you do your best to avoid second-hand smoke.
Will Health Insurance Cover My Surgery?
Health insurance providers don’t normally cover cosmetic plastic surgery because most cosmetic procedures are considered elective. Although insurance plans and policies vary, most health insurance carriers do cover reconstructive surgery. Some providers may fully cover certain procedures while others might pay for just a portion.
In some cases, there may be gray areas when some instances require insurance providers to cover the cost of some surgeries that normally would not be covered. For example, a patient seeking a cosmetic procedure to alleviate drooping eyelids may obtain insurance coverage if the sagging skin is also impairing their vision. Your insurance provider will make a determination as to whether the procedure is being performed for purely cosmetic reasons or whether it qualifies as medically necessary.
For patients whose insurance carriers won’t cover surgical procedures, we offer several payment options at Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery. You may pay by cash, check or major credit card, and we also offer flexible financing via CareCredit®.
Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery is the leading facial plastic surgery center on the First Coast. As a double board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon, specializing in facial cosmetic procedures, Dr. Phillip Garcia provides his North Florida patients with exceptional skills and results that last. For more information on plastic surgery or to schedule a consultation at one of our five convenient locations in Jacksonville (Town Center), Avondale, Julington Creek, Fleming Island or Palm Coast, please contact us today.
Plastic Surgery in Orange Park, FL
Plastic Surgery in Fernandina Beach, FL