Loose, excess skin or banding around your neck can make you look significantly older than you feel. Often our patients tell us that despite diet and exercise, the stubborn fat around their face won’t shrink. Dr. Phillip Garcia, North Florida’s face expert since 2001, is exclusively focused on the face and neck – he specializes in just faces! A neck lift can transform your facial profile. We’ve answered some common questions about neck lift surgeries below.
- Who is a good candidate for a neck lift?: A neck lift may be right for you if loose skin, neck banding, or a “turkey wattle” are cosmetic problems impacting your self-esteem. At Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery neck lifts are popular in both men and women.
- When is the right time for a neck lift?: Once you have found a surgeon with the skills and personal compatibility that meet your needs, any time is the right time for neck lift surgery. Dr. Garcia is a double board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon, and he has performed over 10,000 cosmetic and reconstructive facial procedures. In fact, he has even co-authored a book called, “Just Faces, A Guide to Facial Plastic Surgery”. His affiliates include AAFPRS, AAOHNS, FSFPS, ABFPRS, and ABOTO.
- What is the cost of a neck lift?: The cost of a neck lift varies based on your unique needs. No two patients are the same. During your consultation with Dr. Garcia, we will discuss the cost of the surgery with you, in addition to sharing information on our convenient financing options.
- How long does the surgery take?: Your surgery can be completed in less than two hours, and because Dr. Garcia specializes in just faces, you can expect beautiful and natural looking results.
- Is a neck lift painful?: The neck lift procedure is minimally painful, as Dr. Garcia takes every precaution to ensure your comfort, both during and after your procedure.
- What is the recovery time associated with neck lift surgery?: Your recovery time will vary based on your unique circumstances, but patients are usually able to resume regular activities within a week. Immediately following surgery, you will likely experience swelling and bruising. Dr. Garcia uses absorbable sutures, which are removed approximately one week after surgery.
Choosing a Neck Lift Surgeon
Want to find out more about whether or not a neck lift is right for you? With locations in Jacksonville / Town Center, Julington Creek, Fleming Island, Avondale, and Palm Coast, Dr. Garcia has an office near you. Take a moment to review our before and after pictures, and then get in touch with us to schedule your consultation.